New Jen's Horde


Friday, September 24, 2004

Hmmm. :-/

 
You know, I don't always agree with what she's doing, but I do admire Sinead O'Connor's self-sacrifice and drive to make a difference. But, I do wonder if whining to the newspapers is really an effective course of action when you don't like how you are perceived.

My sister was always a big fan of hers, so I've been aware of her music since the mid '80s. Given my familiarity with her lyrics and having followed the news accounts of her over the years, I wasn't really shocked when she leveled allegations of child abuse at her parents. It just always seemed like she was kind of tortured, and not in that "I'm going to look messed up and sing about death to sell records" kind of way. She was more of a deep-down broken kind of a gal. It's always good to see when she's up to something positive, and not really surprising when she does something that just seems kind of off the wall. Sigh.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?