New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, November 30, 2004

116 Days

 
Sharon Rocha took the stand today to testify in the penalty phase of Scott Peterson's murder trial. She spoke of the 116 days they suffered before her daughter's body was found.

Chilling excerpt: Laci Peterson’s family and friends erupted in tears as Rocha recounted moments before her daughter’s funeral.

“I knew that I needed to spend some time with her,” Rocha said, clutching a tissue. “I knew she was in the casket and I knew the baby was there and I knew she didn’t have arms to hold him. ... She should have had her arms.”


I can't even imagine sitting in the same room with the man did this to your child and grandchild, and feeling so powerless to do anything about it. I hope that whatever happens, the families are able to find peace.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?