New Jen's Horde


Monday, November 15, 2004

The Grey Album

 
You know what, this is old news, but it's new to me, so I'm blogging it...

Apparently a DJ named Dangermouse (I'm old, so to me this will always be Dangermouse, but whatever) has taken a rather novel approach to music. He's taken the vocal content from Jay-Z's Black Album and used music from the Beatles White Album as a remixed background for it. He's rechristened this work The Grey Album. I snicker, but I would probably do the same. You can read more about it here.

If you would like to listen to songs from this, or download the whole thing (after reading about the harrowing legal battles that have ensued), have at it.

It's really kind of interesting, but he uses the "N" word a lot. And that takes it right off the list of music that can get played around the kids, which is about the only place I get to listen to music these days. I can only imagine trying to explain the etymology of that particular gem of the English language during our next vocabulary lesson. Not to mention, can't have that blasting out the windows of the minivan with everyone singing along as I pull up at Homeschool Day at the Capitol! Nope, when that ugliness butts into their lives it's not going to be on my account... Thanks anyway, Dangermouse and Jay-Z, it was a cool idea!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?