New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Root Canal, lucky me!

 
I got a root canal today, yikes! It was a re-treat of one I had done last year that failed. Man oh man was it a nasty experience.

They numbed me up quite well. The endodontist said that he doesn't mess around and he shot me so full of anesthetic that my eyebrow is numb on that side 2 hours later! For a bottom tooth!

When they got into the abscess there was a horrible stench. I apologized, and the endodontist and his assistant were very polite about it, but it was not a nice thing at all. Ewwww! They just kept using the suction and looking kind of pained, and I just kept wishing I was somewhere else and eventually they asked me to write them a very big check and I left.

The moral of the story? I don't know. I brush my teeth and floss and even see the dentist regularly and this still happens. I guess the moral of the story is there are some good things about dying young before your teeth start to go...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?