New Jen's Horde


Monday, January 03, 2005

New Song from Wilberforce

 
Wilberforce is a band that consists mainly of my friend Mark from England. I met him a million years ago on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder while he was traveling through America on the Greyhound Bus (poor poor man!)

He had been playing hackey sack with some students earlier in the day, and I was just hanging out there, as I did a lot then (it was free and in walking distance of my place, which meant a lot at the time). He asked me what the name was of the game he'd been playing so he could put it in a postcard to a friend, and we struck up a conversation. I ended up taking him home to the apartment I shared with Davin where he stayed with us for a few days. He's been back to America a couple of times since then, and stayed with Davin and I each time he came through the area.

Here's the link to the new song, do enjoy!

Comments:
Jen,
I checked out the website...heard about the lovely greyhound trip, and then you guys...
"Thankfully I survived and was picked up by old friend Davin with his kids in Denver, feed pizza, showered, and kindly allowed to occupy the entire basement of their house, replete with own bathroom...

Jen and Davin had been good friends since my first visit in 1990. One day Jen drove me and the children up Pikes Peak, a mountain nearly 3 miles high and one of the tallest in Colorado Springs. The icey road ran along the cliff edge, and I was ready to literally leap out the car door, though the view compensated for my fear of heights"

So sweet--and now you're famous!

Love,
julie
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?