New Jen's Horde


Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Yarn Harlot

 
I don't normally link to other blogs. Not that I have anything against blogs, usually, it's just that good ones change so quickly that linking to them is like trying to point to a neat bit of water in a stream. But, this one is really fun and a particularly interesting part is very easy to stick, because it's right at the top of last month, so I can just shoot you right to it!

You'll have to scroll down a bit and then read backwards, but you can watch her dye her own wool from fluffy fiber to finished yarn. It turns out in these gorgeous colors, which you'd hardly imagine could come from where she started.

I love yarn, it's just one of those things that makes me happy no matter what's going on in my life. But, even if you're not like my, you may like a quick zip through her blog just to see the neat stuff she's doing.

To get the front page of her blog, so you can access everything, go here.

Also, if you're wondering how I surfed in here, it was from this article called Political protest turns to the radical art of knitting. It sounds way more interesting than it is, but mostly it just consists of people knitting large scale copies of tart cards, and includes a pattern for a "purse grenade." I'm sure in some alternate universe this is all very relevant...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?