New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I love my new Crocs Shoes!!!

 
Let me start by saying that I hate shoe shopping, and I don't "get" the whole shoe fetish thing. So this isn't one of the 10 million blog posts about "I found the coolest shoes at the mall with my friend Madison, they're SOOOOOO to die for and I'm going to wear them to school tomorrow I hope Josh notices!" or whatever... I have very flat, wide, LARGE feet (think "Yabba Dabba Doo!!!!" here), the only people making sexy heels in my size are marketing to transvestites, plus I've never really been into fashion. As you can imagine I'm just not a girl who digs on the whole footwear scene.

The first time I saw Crocs, my immediate thought was, (I'll admit it) "Wow, those are ugly! Kids today will wear anything, won't they?" But, then a doula friend informed me that many of the nurses and midwives are starting to wear them now, because they're comfortable and indestructable. Well, when nurses buy shoes, I listen! Then I heard that many teachers are wearing them too, hmmm, yet another group known for being on their feet. Then I started seeing them everywhere, and they began to grow on me. And, really, it's not like the Birkenstocks I'd been wearing year round for almost 5 years are attractive per se, besides mine were far beyond hope...

I have really not been at all disappointed! They are great shoes, very comfortable, very light. I suppose someone may be looking at them thinking they're ugly, like I did when I first saw them, but that's OK. I just hope that their feet are as blissed out as mine are in whatever shoes they're wearing!

Comments:
I don't actually have a friend named Madison, I just made that part up to illustrate what my post wouldn't be like. :-) I used the name Madison because we met a really nice girl at the Burger King Playland the other night who was named Madison. My girls loved her! (You all weren't at the Burger King by my house last week, were you?)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?