New Jen's Horde


Sunday, April 10, 2005

Power Outage!

 
Our power was out for about an hour because of the blizzard. I hate that. I don't really mind that that power was out, because that isn't that big of a deal. I just hate the reminder of how dependent we are.

There Davin and I sat with our tiny little candle flames (using candles left over from our Y2K stash, plus some scented votives), reminding the kids that DARK is the perfect time to GET BACK IN BED and GO TO SLEEP, which was where they were when the power went out in the first place.

I kept trying to think of things to do, and being reminded that I couldn't do them because we had no power. I was in the middle of the laundry, but I couldn't finish. Davin was vacuuming, ditto. No TV, or computer and all the fun things you think you'd do if you had a Little House on the Prairie lifestyle don't really work without Little House on the Prairie equipment. They must have had way better lighting than our crummy (yet perfumed!) candles, because I couldn't even read, let alone have a barn dance or something...

At least the Castaways had nice weather when they had to start figuring out how to make it with "no phone, no light, no motor car, not a single luxury." But, to be fair they did have to deal with the bugs, headhunters, and the whiney Howells, so I guess I'll just grow where God planted me! ;-)

Comments:
Yes, that's the one!

And no, I don't have the recipe for the Holy Rings of Betazed, but they really sound good about now. I think I'm hungry...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?