New Jen's Horde


Thursday, April 28, 2005

Year of Many Repairs

 
The kids and I were discussing the concept of the Winter Count (see previous post) and we decided that for our family this year should be called the Year of Many Repairs, and would be symbolized by various tools, including dental instruments, and also by disappearing currency.

This year we've had to fix all sorts of things on the car including replacing the transmission, we've had to re-do the garage door TWICE, everyone has had at least minor dental work culminating in my root canals , extractions, and the radicular cyst (I'll let you google that one yourself, it's NASTY), our wooden fence blew down, a woodpecker helped a family of birds take up residence in our siding, and let's not forget the dryer incident...

Yes, I believe this name is a clear winner in how we will remember this year.

Comments:
Hey--that's a great idea! I think maybe that'll be the name of my year as well, with a minor difference in meaning...
 
You poor thing!
 
I loved this :) Of course, hopefully next year will be the year of working properly!
 
That would be nice!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?