New Jen's Horde


Friday, May 20, 2005

And to take it all down a notch...

 
I was pretty excited about my sock until I found the site Things Other People Accomplished When They Were Your Age.

This is what I found:

At age 34:

Francis Scott Key, after witnessing the bombardment of Fort McHenry, publishes "The Star Spangled Banner."

Judith Guest began writing her first novel, Ordinary People.

After defeating Antony and Cleopatra's forces in a naval battle, Augustus became the master of the Roman world.

Matthias Jakob Schleiden, a German botanist, formulated the cell theory of physiology.


Author, creator of our national anthem, master of the Roman world? And, um, I'm not entirely sure what they're talking about in that last one... I haven't even gotten to the heel of the second sock. Dang.

Comments:
Thank you, Sheri. You definitely know how to put things into perspective!
 
Wow--I feel put in my place. But I think Sheri's right, I doubt that Augustus ever knitted a sock, so you truly can think of yourself as superior!
 
But Jen, they didn't knit a sock. Beauty in life is found in the little things -those last forever. I couldn't knit a sock even if I tried, for the life of me. Left up to me, I'd grow cold in winter. :o(

So, rule an empire... be cold... rule an empire... be cold...

I'll take the sock please!
 
Thanks everyone, I feel truly superior now! ;-)

I checked out Zee's blog, they're all getting deep into Don Quixote! Very cool! Thanks for stopping by, Zee :-)

BTW-I should finish the heel of the second sock today...
 
On turning 28, I had the worst mid-life crisis when I realized that at my age, Michael Millken had brought down a huge banking empire with his sleazy dealings, and that at an even earlier age, Fidel Castro had overthrown the Cuban government and set himself up as dictator.

But then I snapped out of it when I realized what lousy role models that made them. And neither of them, to my knowledge, has ever knitted a sock.
 
Thank you, scone, that helped a lot! To my knowledge I've never brought down anything...

I'm into the foot of the sock, shooting towards the toe. I'll put up another picture when Davin can wear them both.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?