New Jen's Horde


Monday, May 09, 2005

My 101 in 1001 is up!

 
Man, that was a LOT harder than I thought it would be! Stuff either seemed too shallow ("Find a nice hairstyle"), or it was really mundane short term stuff (like "Call dentist on Monday"), or stuff that was way too longterm for the 1001 days ("Buy a yurt and retire to the San Luis Valley.") It took a lot of work, once I put down everything I really thought was meaningful and deep, I only had about 30 of the 101. Now I understand why people had things on their list like, "Buy all of Twin Peaks on DVD" and that Johnny Walker thing. Frankly, after that I started surfing other people's lists for some inspiration. I'm glad I did, there's some really neat stuff out there!

So, here is the list I came up with. I actually did it about a week ago and then sat on it. I talked to a few friends about it, and kept coming back to it and fiddling with it. I may fiddle with it still. Ah, the beauty of invisible edits!

Comments:
That. is. cool. So, do you cross everything off as you do it?
 
Yes. And you can take pictures or blog about it as you do.
 
Too ambitious for me---maybe next year! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?