New Jen's Horde


Saturday, May 07, 2005

Saturday's Shampoo

 
Lather: What word bothers you the most when other people mispronounce or misspell it?

I get annoyed when people add syllables to words. Like "Ath-uh-lete" or "real-uh-tor."

I'm also very picky about spelling. But, for some weird reason, sometimes when I misspell a word I won't even notice it for a day or two, and I find that embarrassing. I think, as a homeschooling parent, that I need to portray myself as being at least somewhat well educated when I'm in a public forum. It bothers me terribly to come back to a post two days later and realize I used the wrong form or "their" or I left a "teh" instead of "the."

Rinse: What are some euphemisms you use or have used for "flatulence?"
Thanks to Amy aka "Ballardini" at CAPISCE (ka' peesh) for the idea!

We grew up just not talking much about it. We said "pass gas" or "fart." I dated a guy who actually called his a "trouser cough," but he was sort of a theater major type guy and I think it was an affectation.

When my sister had her daugher (she started having kids first and forged the way on many of these things), they started calling them "fluffs." I have no idea where that came from, but I thought that sounded much nicer and more girly so when I had three girls of my own that's what we used, too. Of course, now they prefer "fart" because it's about the naughtiest word they now, and it sends them off into gales of laughter. But, we're still attempting to civilize them so we're trying to tone the whole thing down.


Repeat: Where have you wasted the most time on the internet this week? Give up the URL!

I've been catching up on the the archives over at The Knitting Curmudgeon (her motto: "Shut Up, I'm Counting.") A recent post of hers has inspired me to try something more difficult with my knitting. If it works out, I'll show you all. If it doesn't, I'll never mention it again and we'll all just forget about it...

Comments:
Aww, man, you stole my "fluff" bit! :)
I have NO idea where that came from (ie, I thought it came from you, but I guess not!)
 
Julie, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to steal it. I figured you had a cute story about where it came from.

Sheri, I've heard that, too. I wondered if it was a brand name, like Kleenex or Bandaid, that people use in place of the actual product name? How funny!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?