New Jen's Horde


Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saturday's Shampoo

 
Lather: If you could go back to any point in your life and say ONE THING to someone, what would it be and to whom? ~OR~ If you could go back to any point in your life and take ONE THING BACK that you said, what would it be and why?

I think I would march into my high school, right up to myself and my circle of friends, hand out copies of The Teenage Liberation Handbook, and simply say, "Read it." When I read it as an adult, after my kids were born, I remember wishing over and over that I'd known at the time that it was possible to drop out of school and just get on with my life. It would have prevented untold damage.

Rinse: In the last week or so, name something you've done that's typically out of character for you.

I actually signed up to get cable TV reinstalled in my home again after about 2 years of not having any television reception! We got rid of it because I was annoyed by all of the commercials, and by the fact that we would just turn it on and it would stay on all day. So, instead of getting any channels in, we just ordered tons of stuff from Netflix, which has been working really well. However, we've decided to get cable and a DVR system (similar to TiVo) which should take care of both the commercial and "watching whatever's next" problems without having to worry about queue management or the postal system. If not, we sent it all back and work on a new plan...

Repeat: Where have you wasted the most time on the internet this week? Give up the URL!

I've been playing a lot of Big Kahuna Reef at Game Blast. That won't be much fun for those of you who don't have memberships, though.

On a more important note, I've been following Ian's blog since last month. Ian is 1 and was just recently diagnosed with leukemia. I try not to intrude, since the blog was obviously set up to keep his family informed, but after having spent so much time in hospitals with my own kids I check in to see how he's doing and I keep him in my prayers.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?