New Jen's Horde


Saturday, May 21, 2005

Saturday's Shampoo

 
Lather: Tell about one time you laughed so hard you couldn't breathe. Who were you with? What were you laughing about?
It was during a sleepover at my friend Aspen's house. I can't remember why this came up, but for some reason we were talking about someone having a "fart attack." That sent us into screaming gales of laughter, which immediately caused her mother to come yell at us and threaten that I would have to go home if we couldn't stay quiet and go to sleep. Well, as you all know, NOTHING makes something more funny than when you're compelled not to laugh about it.

(As a sidenote, my favorite example of this phenomenon in film is the Biggus Dickus scene in Monty Python's Life of Brian.)

I ended up spending a good part of the next hour in the bathroom trying to get myself together, but failing miserably as I would hear escaped snickers coming from her room next door and that would set me off...and vice versa. I did get to stay the rest of the night, but it took us a long time to get ourselves under control. Now that I'm a mom I'm sure that, even though we were trying to be quiet, we were probably still rowdy enough to wake the neighbors.

Rinse: What's the last book you couldn't put down? Why?
It's been a while, but the last book that I can remember reading that I literally couldn't put down was The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I'm not even sure why. It isn't because it's my theological view of heaven or even my view of what a teenage girl is like. I think maybe because I could understand how Susie needed to wrap up certain things before she could move on, and she needed to be sure her family was OK. We can all relate to that. I read the book almost non-stop in less than 24 hours, just doing whatever I needed to to keep my household running during that time.

Repeat: What website, blog, online game, etc have you spent the most time on this week? Share the URL with the rest of us!
I've been following Audra's blog Random Ramblings. I don't agree with everything she says (I don't agree with everything anyone says) but even if I'm disagreeing I'm always laughing at her hilarious style! Very fun!

Also, I couldn't resist the title of the blog, Army of Dorkness so I put it on my list to check from time to time. While I don't know what they're talking about half the time, the rest of the time I'm rewarded with fun articles about the goings on in the underground nerd community!

Comments:
Maybe it's your insanity that I'm drawn to! Birds of a feather ;-)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't explain why The Lovely Bones was so hard to put down.
 
What is it about being told to stop laughing that ensures you can't stop??!? We used to get in lots of trouble for that...
 
I don't know, but it's even worse in church...remember that? Yikes!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?