New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Smoking Gun covers the "Runaway Bride"

 
The Smoking Gun has gathered a collection of letters received by police and city leaders in regards to the Jennifer Wilbanks case.

Some came down squarely on her side. Some obviously really just don't like her at all. Some try to find a medical cause for her behavior, like this person suggesting she suffers from hyperthyroidism. Almost all of the letters suffer from atrocious spelling and grammatical errors.

I think this letter is my personal favorite. It's from a pastor who declares that he's surprised she didn't run away sooner, because as he says:
The formal, pricey, catalog-driven wedding is the thing most pastors absolutely despise. Give me a funeral any day. The butt-in-the-sky mother of the bride talks back, the dead never do.
Right on! I want to start attending HIS church! I wonder if he uses "butt-in-the-sky" during his sermons, maybe referring to the Pharisees or the opposing teams in the interfaith softball league? No matter, he obviously speaks his mind and there's no doubt you'd stay awake while he was preaching!

Comments:
the "butt in the sky" mother in law?? maybe I'm a bit thick, but I don't get it...(although it does seem to apply to my MIL!)
 
you know, I didn't have a preacher at my wedding. Is he suffering from delusions of grandeur? They really aren't necessary to get married...
 
I kind of don't think he's really a pastor based on his language and attitude. Or, at least I sort of hope not. I just thought it was funny...and scary.
 
Such a compassionate minister he is...

If I'm in a moment where I need some ministerial wisdom, remind me to not consult him.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?