New Jen's Horde


Friday, May 27, 2005

Weird Gardens

 
I wanted to like this site. Really, I did. We're looking for ideas for our front and back yard and I thought this might have some funky alternatives to view. It does, but I am reminded that sometimes things are alternative for a reason.

She gives a picture tour from her front yard, complete with rusted sewing machine set into the concrete, onto the porch where we see something she just calls "ducky," through the dark and cluttered living room, past the dining room which is adorned with some sort of dead animal, and into the kitchen where you find more whatever this is than you'd think humanly possible in this small of an area. This woman's motto is definitely not "Less is more."

Finally, in the deck and back garden you're confronted with art that seems to be compelling evidence that a serial killer lives here.

There are a few DIY pieces where you can tell she really tried. This mosiac table, for instance, or the inlaid bottles that you see from time to time in funky homes. The effort involved in all of this just makes the final result harder to bear, because your brain doesn't know what to do with it. It's like Morticia Addams, Martha Stewart, and Tom Cullen from The Stand moved in together and had $10 each to fix the place up.

Comments:
That place is FUGLY!!! Yuk! Especially the red red red kitchen. Honestly, just way too much of everything.
 
Sheri, I'll go look there.

Julie, "Fugly," I haven't heard that in a loooong time!
 
Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Seeds information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?