New Jen's Horde


Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Alarm Clock of the Future

 
You know what I'm waiting for? While everyone's marketing alarm clocks with nicer functions, gentler waking cycles, or even ones that escape from you, there's still something lacking.

I'm waiting for the snooze cycle that ACTUALLY STOPS TIME. Think about it. The alarm clock goes off at 6:30 am and you're just not ready. Hit the snooze button and nine minutes later it buzzes, only it's still 6:30, because the clock actually stopped time for everyone but you! You're sleeping away while the world waits, and nothing changes until you stop the snooze cycle and get up. Do it again and again, and you get an extra two hours sleep, but get into the office right on time.

I don't even really want to wait until we can invent it, maybe some passing alien lifeform can just drop it off for us, that would be just fine with me.

Sure, it violates the Prime Directive and several laws of physics, but does that ever really bother you when you're trying to justify another push of the snooze button in the morning?

Comments:
that would be sweet!
 
I want one!
 
Now if everyone had a clock to stop time...how would the world get going again? Someone, somewhere, all the time would be stopping time. That would have to be the end of it.
Of course maybe some people would be catching up when someone else has stopped time.
I wonder if Hermoine used the time turner to help her catch up on sleep in "The Prisoner of Azkaban"?
 
See, Renee, I thought of that. That's why only a few of us would get them. You have to keep being a good friend to me to be in the select group... ;-)
 
I'm sure the MIBs have one that they're just waiting to release as a new "invention" to fund their intergalactic peacekeeping efforts. Right?
 
I am certain the construction has to include at least one flux capacitor...
 
And we mustn't forget the oscillation overthruster...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?