New Jen's Horde


Friday, June 03, 2005

I Love Mission: Organization!

 
We recently started watching regular TV again, after about 2 years of not having it. So, I thought I'd check out the decorating shows to see if any of them inspired me to, I don't know, decorate?

I have a problem, though. I'm hopeless. I'd watch the shows and see what looked like a pretty nice room. Then someone would swoop in and make it horribly chichipoopoo, and I'd be wishing we could go back to the way it was before. No, I don't want a bedroom done in Jamaican colonial, next to a living room done in post-Andy Warhol pop, balanced out by my beautiful garage, which is completely made over in French provincial... None of this is speaking to me.

Then, while flipping, I found the perfect show for me! Mission: Organization! In case you haven't seen it, here's the break down. They go to someone's house and look at a room that's LIVED IN to the point where it's filled with crap. Then they bring in an "organization expert" to help the people go through their crap and find new ways to store the crap they're keeping. Nothing is really different, it's just cleaner and more spiffed up. This is GENIUS!!!!!

I don't know who these organizational experts are, but apparently they got extras of many genes I am lacking. If you show up unannounced at my house, almost any room will qualify as a "Before" for this show. :-o I don't need someone to tell me what drapes to buy to match my sofa, because they'll both end up covered with jelly and marker before long. And, given how many stacks you'd have to step over to get to the sofa, color is really the least of my problems right now.

I have my DVR tape all of the episodes, and now I'm just trying to decide where to start first. I can't really hire anyone, but I'm taking notes...

Comments:
I am so sorry that I talked you guys into getting cable for our short/long visit.

All those fab programs you must have missed.

Please accept my sincerist apologies!
 
I want me one of those guys! Anything to get rid of Scott's piles!
 
Scott has "piles?" I heard ice and Preparation-H helps get rid of those...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?