New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Maybe he's a lumberjack?

 
But he's definitely not OK...

On April 25, Gregory Despres arrived at the U.S.-Canadian border crossing at Calais, Maine, carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood. U.S. customs agents confiscated the weapons and fingerprinted Despres. Then they let him into the United States.
There are so many things wrong with this story: For one, why flee to America? I'm not a professional international lawyer, but I'm pretty sure we have an extradition agreement with Canada. Two, why take the crime scene with you? Again, I'm not an expert, but I do watch enough Law & Order to realize that's a bad idea. And three, I thought it was supposed to be HARDER to get into America since 9-11. Shows what I know...

Comments:
Geez...I try to cross the border with my papers all in order, and they give me the third degree. Next time, I'm bringing a chainsaw.
 
Let me know if it works?
 
That's just scary.

I like the MP reference and the triple Law & Order link! We seem to share some interests!
 
*shudder!* How creapy was that story?
Here I was all concerned when we tried to get back into the US with some sandwiches made with US meat bought in Korea. I should have just packed a chainsaw too. Sorry to borrow Michael's line.

Renee
I should get a blogger account, huh?
 
Jana, glad you liked it!

Renee, you should just get a blog :-D

Audra, do doubt, huh.
 
That's pretty frightening. I wonder what possessed them at the time not to keep the freak in custody??
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?