New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Where can I get one of these?

 
I was just surfing the glorious 'net today to see if we're far enough into the future for someone to have developed a self-cleaning house and check it out!!! Weirdly enough, it's been around a while...

A press of a button sprays jets of soapy water over the entire room, another button sprays clean water to rinse out the soap, and a third starts a giant fan that thoroughly dries the area. The walls, ceilings and floors are all covered with a water-proof resin, as is the furniture. The floors are slanted to allow the water to run off into a complex drainage system; any water that doesn't drain off the floor is dried up by the fan.

Valuables and vulnerable items are kept under glass, and of course there are no dust-collecting carpets. The kitchen cabinets double as a dishwasher - you simply place the dishes in the cupboard, close the door, and hit a button. After washing the dishes a fan dries them, so when you need a clean plate you simply open the cupboard and get one. The clothes closet acts as a washing machine and drier - you simply hang them up and leave them alone.
It reminds me of that episode of Home Improvement where Tim turns the whole kitchen into a dishwasher...

Unfortunately, judging by this photo, someone needs to invent a self-manicuring lawn to go with it.

Comments:
hee hee! Looks like our garden before we hired the gardeners!!
 
i want one!!!
 
I want one of everything
 
I really love carpet, but I'm willing to give it up to never have to vacuume again! Something about that house seems too good to be true. I can't imagine that the furniture is comfortable. Unless you cover it all with plastic. And the closets that wash the clothes? Doesn't that mean that all the clothes, clean, dirty, whatever get washed? That's a lot of water!
 
Jaws, you have a very cool blog, I was glad to have stopped by myself :-D

Julie, that's sad!

Mai and Christina, me too!

Renee, I hadn't thought about the water usage factor. Hmmmm.

Sheri, I'm sure you could find some other use for your 10 year old! He could still edge or something! ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?