New Jen's Horde


Saturday, June 18, 2005

Why is carpet cleaning so satisfying?

 
Every time we do it, we gather 'round to watch the pouring of the mud from the "after" tank of the machine, and there's an air of celebration around the whole thing. I fully expect my children to remember these experiences with a fondness bordering the feeling they have for Christmas.

But, really, it should be a deeply horrifying and shameful experience. Judging by what we shampoo out of our carpets, we obviously let our children eat and frolic in filth on a daily basis. What's wrong with us?

Rather than giving up on carpets altogether and moving into a dirt-floored sod hut (which would probably have less dirt than our carpets do regularly), I did find some helpful information on proper vacuuming techniques. I had no idea that I should be passing the vacuum 5-7 times over heavily soiled areas of my carpet (ie ALL of it.) Apparently I suck at vacuuming, har!

Anyway, I have to get back to work. Sick as it is, it really is a pretty fun job...

Comments:
Gotta ask... do you own or rent the carpet cleaner? If you rent where's a good place to get one that won't totally soak the floor?

Ours really really really needs to be cleaned and I'm too worried about getting ripped off to hire someone else to do it. Brock!
 
That's it, I'm just keeping the kids immune systems strong!

Renee, we rent the Rug Doctors from King Soopers. The carpets end up wet, but not soaked, and are almost completely dry within 8-10 hours (even though it says to give it 24, got love our arid climate!)
 
oh yeah i get obsessed with pulling out as much dirt as possible and then let it build up again. The whole process is cathartic
 
I really really really can't wait to have kids and a carpet to clean :)
 
It'll happen, Beth. :-)
 
I LOVE that feeling--kind of sick, he? Last time we did our carpets, we did them 3 times--just to see what would still come out. Of course, with 3 kids, a huge dog and two cats, it wasn't pretty. I would call it more sludge than mud...
 
Hey, there are worse things to suck at! Happy cleaning!
Peace...............
 
Jen--did you seriously stop in the middle and post about it? That cracks me up!! (from scott!)
 
I thought we were the only people on the planet who gathered for the watching of the muddy water!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?