New Jen's Horde


Saturday, July 09, 2005

How have I missed this until now?

 
For the love of all that's creative, get yourself over to craftster.org immediately!

Just the forums alone are enough to make me wish I could put my family into suspended animation so I could have more time to look at all of the picture intensive projects and tutorials people post.

I think I'll try this upside down tomato planter next year. I kind of like this new kitchen cabinet idea, too.

I think this Sharpie skirt mural is not for me, though. For one thing, I'm really not much of an artist. It's possible I could try some sort of surrealistic art, but melting clocks just emphasize a less-than-shapely behind. I suppose I could use Munch's The Scream which is how I feel about my butt whenever I really stop to think about it much, but that's just such a downer. Anyway, in the homeschool community, wearing a famous reproduction is just running the risk that my arse will be used in some future spur of the moment art lesson, and I value the children too much to let that happen.

Comments:
Wait, a sharpied a Van Gough skirt? Look at that!
 
Isn't that neat? I'd just mess it up, though.
 
That's really cool that she had the talent to make those skirts---but I would sooooooo never wear one of them! And you're right; your arse would probably be a lesson, and then your poor kids would be scarred for life. :)
 
Oh that's so cool! I noticed that the skirt lady is having a tough time figuring out how to wash her artwork though. I didn't check the next pages to see if anyone gave her an answer.

I've been thinking about getting one of those upside down tomatoe planers (that they sell) so that idea of recycling looks great. Although that would take a lot of watering.

This year my tomatoes are the correct way in the garden with a homemade tomatoe cage around them. DH cut some dead branches off our tree and I used them and some wire to make the cage. It looks very artsy and it's very functional too.

Now to keep my pumpkins from trying to choke out the tomaotes!
 
oh wow. that skirt is AMAZING.
would the sharpie wash off though? i mean, like eventually.
 
Hmmm, you're list thingie looks fun. I might try one of my own, but I'm not sure I could think of 101 things to do worthy of writing down.

We shall see.
 
craftster is awesome!
 
I liked the Space Invaders Quilt. I almost want to do one with Frogger on it.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index
.php?topic=32693.msg277017#msg277017

*sigh* Well maybe in my next life...

Thanks for yet another site to take my mind off all the "stuff" to do around the house! heheheh
 
yeah! crafster is a great site! i wouldn't have known about it if i hadn't seen this blog. tnx!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?