New Jen's Horde


Saturday, July 02, 2005

Memo to me: Pick up some Miss Manners books

 
Apparently, etiquette does matter.

Honestly, some of this stuff seems pretty obvious to me even though I'm more "down home" than "upper crust." But, I'm the first to admit that I'd be flustered if I were at a fancy dinner where everyone else knew which fork to use and I didn't. Really though, do people seriously put knives in their mouths? That's bad.

Still, I should probably emphasize this more than I do for the kids, since it seems to be a dying art. They could probably stand some lessons on what to do after your restaurant meal besides "throw the wrappers away, take your shoes off, and go play in the Playland until Mommy and Daddy are done..."

Comments:
Too bad they don't have a class in high school to tell kids which fork to use when, etc.

I think the big problem is that no one eats anywhere fancy. Often, it is grab your fork from the buffet (or your quarter pounder from its box). Make sure to get a new fork when you return to the buffet.

Deliberate Chaos
 
Ugh, we really stink at some of this. We have sit down dinners, too, but it took FOREVER to teach the girls that their hair was not a napkin (or a Kleenex! Ewwww!) It's getting better, but I think we're really going to have to add it to the curriculum for real.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?