New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Mummification, it's not just for Ancient Egypt any more!

 
Mummy

My post about DIY funerals spawned several interesting comments. People had different thoughts and ideas. The Mad Perseid had this to say:

Why can't we just do it the old-fashioned way. I want to be turned into a mummy so I can scare visitors in a couple thousand years or so. Of course, a nice, tasteful sarcofagus will be required.
Well, Mad, you can do that!

Summum, a Utah based company, can take care of all of your mummification needs. It takes about 90 days and will run you nearly $70K (more if you're a "very large adult") but in the end you are ready to travel into eternity in style in your own custom made "mummiform" or sarcophagus.

Now, the scaring visitors in a couple of thousand years part is up to you. I suggest including a curse with your mummy, to freak the bejeebers out of future archaeologists. Something simple, perhaps "If you violate the sanctuary of this tomb, you will be subject to a $70,000 restocking fee."

Comments:
For some reason that strikes me as the grossest option yet! Yick
 
Hee hee! I love that idea! Something to leave your grandkids!
 
I may have to think about that one. Just think, you could be the family heirloom! I can just see my mummy sitting in my great great grandkids living room. :)
 
I love the fact that you actually think that your Grandkids would want you in the first place.....mmmmm.

Maybe if there's a set, they could use them as goal posts
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?