New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Potty Twin Powers, Activate!

 
2-seater

After reading Katy's lament about potty training her twins, I thought I'd dig up this picture and share it. Hold on, Katy, it's a bumpy ride but it will happen!

This is Sage and Maya in one of their many early attempts at potty training. I not sure what's up with Maya's hat, but I guess it *IS* a "Potty Party"...

They did eventually "get" the whole potty thing, but not until much later and not at the same time. They were six months apart, and their third birthday passed between the time when Sage got out of daytime diapers and when Maya managed the same thing.

Now, if I could just get my son potty trained. I've been changing diapers non-stop since 1995, and I'm beginning to see the light at the end of this tunnel. I can't wait!

Comments:
How I long to see the end of that tunnel! Since baby #3 is coming in 15 days, I will have been changing diapers since 2000, with the tunnel stretching to 2008! *sniff*
 
It's nice to see that taking reading material to the john starts at such an early age.
 
Well Strude, she was killing two birds with one stone... teaching them to read and potty train at the same time! LOL!

With all the moving around that we did at the potty training time, I didn't think that DD would ever get it. It seemed like she almost had it and we moved back to the US. In fact in Hawaii there was one day that she went the whole day w/o a diaper... but then she peed at the restraunt! :o
Next we were living with MIL for 6 months and she seemed to be just about done... then we bought our house and she wasn't finished yet. But once we settled down for good she did finally manage to get it.
Of course that whole being scared of the tolite noise still gets her and she hates public tolites because of it. She will hold it "forever." But I've learned that when we are out if she suddenly wants to go home it's because she needs to go and doesn't want to use a public tolite.
 
you and me both, Liam has just seen the light and we can't get him to wear diapers anymore. Should make the whole trip a little more interesting and easier.
I am still in trouble for trusting him to much, but he hasn't let me or himself down at all.
Liam says, Hi Tiernan, go potty, it's great as I'm a big boy now.
 
How sweet--i don't think i've ever seen that picture of maya and sage! Come on, mom--any time is party time!
Tiernan will figure it out soon, and then you'll be DIAPER FREE! At least during the day... It's a brave brave soul that puts a newly potty-trained child in underwear at night.
(we just let liam decide when to go; 2 days doesn't mean the end of it, but at least it's progress!)
 
What a cute picture. I sure hope I survive this.;)
 
Does it get any cuter than that? Your children are beautiful
 
Shiny, it will happen...eventually.

Strude, yes, it's part of our early literacy program ;-)

Renee, we've peed or puked in every restaurant in Denver. No reason to stop now ;-)

Katy, you'll do fine, and you'll end up with double bragging rights!

Thanks, Lisa!

Sheri, you forget I potty trained a singleton before this, but nice try!
 
Wow. You did great and those two are precious! Found you via KoK.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?