New Jen's Horde


Monday, October 10, 2005

Colorado, where the seasons come all out of order...

 
Last night we had our first snow. That is always a fun and welcome time of year, the kids love to play in it, and we love how pretty it makes the neighborhood.

But for some weird reason, the first snow came before the trees lost all their leaves this year. This always makes for a great deal of broken branches, and we have plenty of that in our neighborhood.
First Snow-Green Tree
In fact, as you can see from this photo, the seasons are so mixed up, the leaves hadn't even changed yet because it's been so mild until today. They're still green! Stupid weather.

We are lucky that none of our fallen branches landed on our house or our car. But that doesn't mean our house has suffered no casualties:
First Snow-Tragic loss of life
Rescue workers toiled ceaselessly through the morning to pull our dear friend Joe Scarecrow from the wreckage, with no regard to their own danger. In spite of his long ordeal, he appears to have no major injuries, and will return to work as soon as the area is declared safe.

Comments:
Whew! I bet those were harrowing hours waiting to see if he was okay. Thank the Lord for His mercy!
 
Scarecrows may look wimpy, but they're actually quite tough.

BTW I'm jealous about your snow, however misguided it is. I'm sitting here in very humid shorts & t-shirt weather.
 
I am very glad to see your scarecrow made out alive and with no injuries! :)

I must say while you're disturbed by the seaons being out of order, many of us look foward to it. After the past weeks of heat and humidity (I'm in NYC) cool and even cold weather is welcomed.
 
Get well soon Joe! Darly sends her love. :D
 
Wow, you guys are already getting some snow. Good stuff! :D
 
Wow! Snow already? I'm never ready for it.
So glad that Joe made it out OK.
Peace...............
 
I am dreading telling Joe's brother sam (moved in after a brief stay at our local wal-mart) about his brother's accident.
 
Neat! I love snow. I don't love the cold that comes with it. Hope you get a few warm days before winter really settles in.
 
I remember the last year I lived there--it snowed on 21 Jun and 18 Aug. Yikes!

I'm glad the scarecrow survived--tragedy averted! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?