New Jen's Horde


Thursday, October 27, 2005

I love stories like this!

 
I love to read stories about homeschooling families who use their freedom to do different things together.

To me, this story was especially interesting for a couple of reasons.

For starters, I have this secret desire to be like the Von Trapp family, all singing and making music together. However, unless there's some exploding musical niche for armpit fart recordings, it's not going to happen. That is, unless they really are serious about beans being "the musical fruit," in which case we're simply leading the pack of some Music/Bodily Functions Fusion movement.

More importantly, I think I felt drawn to this story because they specifically set out to do something together as a family to bring them closer together after the death of one of the children. That really resonated with me, after the many times we've been faced with how fragile life can be.

I just thought this was really neat.

Comments:
That's a touching story.

I'm glad to see you're back. Hope you had fun!
 
I homeschooled my sons till they were 8. Then they went to a parent-run cooperative school and then started public in the 5th grade. They both turned out great and are all grown up now!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?