New Jen's Horde


Thursday, October 20, 2005

Thursday Thirteen #2 (for me!)

 

Thirteen Things about JEN


1.Today is my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad!

2. I try not to mimic my kids when they pronounce things incorrectly. This was a lesson learned the hard way, when my oldest daughter couldn't get a babysitter to grasp the urgency when she informed her she was going to have "ballerina poops." (diarrhea.)

3. I have a weird obsession with office supplies, and cleaning supplies, too. I don't know why, but I love to purchase these items. I think I am trying to create some sense of order and cleanliness in my life. It's not really working as well as I'd like...

4. I met Davin in high school, and I've known him for 20 years now. So far he's working out well :-)

5. I just discovered iTunes. I mean, I always knew it was out there, but I just started using it. I think I have serious issues, it's taking up a lot of my time.

6. My favorite download so far? Us by Regina Spektor. The kids' favorite? Godzilla, by Blue Oyster Cult. Oddly enough, I can't find a video of that one to show you, but here are the lyrics if you're interested.

7. In my senior year, my friends and I performed The Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show for the school talent show. I was a Transylvanian. We did not win, but we hadn't expected to, we just did it for the sheer joy of goofing off with friends.

8. I used to pierce my own ears.

9. I had my nose pierced 3 times, but I didn't do those myself.

10. I am in the middle of crocheting a sweater for this project.

11. My grandma saw a ghost in my house. I've never seen it, but other people have told me they've heard voices or felt something creepy. I asked around and got various opinions on what it was ranging from demonic activity to lingering energy to "active imaginations." I've decided that denial is my best option here, and I just ignore it.

12. I had a lump in my breast last month. I decided that denial was NOT my best option in this arena and sought medical advice. It was determined to be a sebaceous cyst and has since disappeared.

13. I would like to see my sister play this as well. She's full of interesting thoughts! Julie, if you read this today, try it. If not, do try next week?






Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Shake it Like a Polaroid Picture

2. MommaK at Petroville

3. Leanne

4. PractiGal

5. Jak at It's Not Called SLO for Nothing

6. Interstellar Lass

7. I'm Just Sayin'

8. Life isn't all ha ha hee hee

9. Mommy D at Multiple Mania

10. Rashbre

11. Renee at fefyfomanna

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Comments:
Ballerina Poops is going right in to my lexicon. Awesome.
 
The cyst is very scary. I hd one of those and was absolutley freaked for weeks. I'm glad your okay.

Great list and Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Here's my 13
http://www.petroville.com/?p=447
 
We do the word thing here, too. Ours is similar to yours, oddly enough. Why are poop words so interesting? We use "dinareenah", pronounced "dine ah reen ah". It's hilarious, and I refuse to correct the kids.

Our computers also used to be "bepuders". Our littlest is much more articulate and caught on to the correct pronunciation pretty fast. Dangit.

I'm glad your lump turned out to be nothing, I would have been horrified. I hate boob sqwashers!

Thanks for playing!!
 
p.s. Happy Birthday to your dad, and NO I am not taking pics of my head! LOL
 
I can't imagine piercing my own anything. My aunt did mine (that's a post in itself).
The ghost and voices thing is weird. It is cool too. I think I'd hire one of those people who contact the dead and see what's brewing in your place.
I'm sooo glad that was just a harmless cyst. You did the right thing to have it checked right away.
 
Thanks for stopping by, Jen! I'm linking you up now...

So, you enjoy shopping at Staples? Me too. Can't get enough of it. Love me some good office supplies.

Glad the lump turned out ok... I've had cysts too. Scary stuff!

Happy Thursday!
 
I enjoyed your list. I met my husband in high school too! I think we have been together for something like 18 or 19 years. Married for 10 next June.
Your lump must have been a scare. Glad it turned out to be just a cyst. Here is my link... http://multiplemania.blogspot.com/2005/10/thursday-thirteen_20.html
Thanks for visiting today.
 
What is the origin of "ballerina poops"? Er, maybe I don't want to know.

I'm glad to hear the cyst was just a scare. Even better that it is now gone.
 
Its my second 'Thursday' too! Amazed that you have only just found iTunes!

Here's my new rashbre thirteen!
 
Ok, now I'm upset! I didn't know you found a lump.....you didn't say anything---Mom.

I'm glad it was ok.
:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?