New Jen's Horde


Thursday, October 13, 2005

Thursday Thirteen

 


Thirteen Things about Jen


1. I had lunch at McDonald's today with two women, a four year old, 3 three year olds and a kid who's almost 2.

2. I very much enjoyed myself at lunch. I think my standards have really changed.

3. Tomorrow is the first day this week that I don't have to go anywhere. I'm not sure why they call it homeschooling.

4. My four kids just started in Girl Scouts this year, even though one of them is a boy. So far it works.

5. My middle name is Dee. My parents didn't have anyone in mind when they chose it, but it ended up being the name of my Dad's second wife. Weird, huh?

6. My last name is hyphenated, so is Davin's. We also hypenated all of the kids. Before you ask, I don't care what they do with their names when they get married, it's not my problem :-)

7. I learned how to surf the internet when I was on bedrest for 19 weeks with my twins. I LURVE the internet, it saved my sanity!

8. I bite my nails.

9. I have one sister and two brothers, two sisters in law and a brother in law. I haven't met one of my sisters in law yet.

10. My sister and I shared the same due date, only hers was exactly one year later. She was born 8 days after her due date and I used to tease her that she's been 8 days late ever since. ;-P

11. I know all the words to Barry Manilow's Copa Cabana. I will sing them for you, if you like. That song doesn't accurately reflect my musical taste, though ;-)

12. I am babysitting 4 adults this weekend as they go get tattoos. I'm not entirely sure how this situation came about... At least I won't have to tell anyone to "push!"

13. Considering how much I go and and on in person, this really wasn't as easy as I would have thought...



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Shake it Like a Polaroid Picture
2. MommaK
3. Interstellar Lass
4. Uzi's Musings
5. Leanne
6. Jenny's Journal
7. It's Not Called SLO For Nothing
8. the daffodil quill
9. Multiple Mania
10. The Color Purple
11. Has to be a Pony Somewhere
12. Memoirs of a squashedtoad
13. The Fountain Pen
14. A Cluttered Mind
15. Wednesdays Off


(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Comments:
I bite my nails too. Love your list. Thanks for stopping by my site. Have a great weekend.
 
Great list. I'm doing the girl scout thing too AND I know all of the words to Copa Cabana. We have a lot in common :)
 
Hi Jen- I added you to my 13 too.
 
An excellent list Jen. What tattooes have they come back with?
 
Dammit, I forgot. You have to remind me of this stuff. I will play tomorrow. Is that okay? Thirteen on Thursday on Saturday?
 
Great list. I hear you abou home school. I home schooled for nearly 2 years and we were constantly running. We recently moved to a town where I felt confident the public education would be sufficient. We had fieldtrips to the Iowa Supreme Court, museums, Nauvoo Historical print shop( that whole town is great, I highly recommend it- blacksmith shop, brick masonry, glass blowing, newspaper office, Browning gun shop, bakery,post office, many historical homes, live carriage tours, Family living center where kids learn to make rope, candles, bread, rugs, it is just a fantastic field trip and the best part is it is all free), we went to concerts and plays, the library constantly, the Science center. Then you have scouts and girl scouts and abundant church activities. I loved my time teaching my kids, and I recommend it to all parents. It is so rewarding to understand how your child learns in each aspect of his education.

I also know the words to Copa Cobana, should we start a support group? Now it's stuck in my head today...thanks. *His name was Rico, he wore a diamond*
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?