New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Knitting isn't just socks and shawls!

 
If you've read my blog for long, you'll know that I love ANYTHING that is crafty and has an educational component to it. Imagine my joy when I came across this knitted digestive system at Strange but Trewe!



And it's even better than the needlepoint GI tract because, A) I like to knit more than I like to do needlepoint, and B) it comes with a pattern so you can make your own! With patience and skill, this beauty can be mine! I love it!

It's interesting to note that the pattern starts from the anus and works backwards through the system, I would have assumed the opposite because of the direction food travels. Shows what I know! I'm fairly new to knitting, so I can't always tell how something is made, like I generally can with crochet.

I bet it got really boring through the small intestines...
Posted by Picasa

Comments:
Err...well done!
 
Oh.my.speechless
 
That is too cool! Are you going to make this?
 
You're not gonna believe this, but I thought that was a flamingo.
 
I would take one as a Christmas present! :D hee hee

but I'll settle for looking at yours when it's done.

We just did grossology so hopefully Darly is all up on how it works. It took us Forever to get the barf to work!
 
Wow...I'll have to take up knitting just to have a handmade digestive system of my own!
 
I'm with jamie. I thought it was a flamingo with a french hat on! Strange how the tounge and the rectum are the same color. Things that make you go 'ewwww'. But it is pretty cool (in a homeschooling sort of way)! ;-)
 
This is called the assbackward style ;-)

When I first saw this, I thought it was intended to keep your digestive system warm & I was a bit nervous about it. Then I realized it was a teaching guide. OK, I'm better now.
 
Your posts are ever a source of amazing information!!!!
 
It appears that you could pass a ping-pong ball through this to represent food... that would be cool.

A friend who does COVA showed me a digestive system that they made with socks, panty hose & a baloon. It didn't look as real as this though.
 
I wish I COULD knit well enough to make this. I think I'm going to have to work up to it. I'd love to have one of these, I'd put a sign on it that says "NOT a flamingo!" Hee hee!
 
That's....different! LOL Wow.
 
That is beautiful. I may have to get the pattern to send to my grandmother.lol
 
Wow, that's really...interesting! LOL. And creative too.
 
I think I would prefer socks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?