New Jen's Horde


Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thursday Thirteen #6

 

Thirteen Things about Jen


1. Hello, my name is Jennifer, and I have a problem.

2. I believe I may be genetically incapable of keeping things orderly. My house is always cluttered and full of piles. Is there a test for this disorder? Can I get pills or some other medical treatment to counteract its effects?

3. I started trying to declutter my living room using this method. It looks good on paper, but now I have pristine bookshelves and it looks like a "stuff bomb" went off in the rest of my room.

4. Now I'm so overwhelmed by the "stuffalanche" that I just don't want to deal with it at all. I still possess enough of my college psychology training to realize this is not going to get me anywhere.

5. Nor will blogging about it. But, it's Thursday, and I have a DUTY to complete my Thirteen, yes, that's what it is. Denial is working very nicely for me right now. I won't even think about my Superfund living room anymore right now.

6. It is snowing like mad outside. I love it when it's snowing, it always feels so cozy, like Little House on the Prairie or something.

7. I can say that because I live in Denver, and we will be back to shirtsleeves weather and dry streets within days. I grew up in northern Indiana where this wasn't really true. Of course, we could use our sleds a lot more there. Here we say things like, "Wake up, yes I know it's midnight, but it's snowing. Quick, get the sleds out of the garage, we need to hit the snow hill before the sun comes up and melts it all!"

8. Sage, one of my 7 year olds, just came to tell me she got a hard boiled egg out of the refrigerator, but now she doesn't remember where she put it. But, she says, it's OK because she's looking for it. Why do I hear that ominous music from Jaws in my head?

9. Speaking of, Jaws didn't really scare me. I don't know why, it was well done and everything. You know what movie has always scared me (besides the obvious ones)? The Changeling. Have you seen that? The scene with George C. Scott alone with the tape player is just about the creepiest thing going.

10. Tiernan, my four year old, just came up and cracked his hard boiled egg right on my computer desk.

11. It wasn't a hard boiled egg.

12. Oh well, I didn't need those files...

13. OK, now I've got chicken biohazard right on the desk where I'm sitting and a missing egg somewhere in my house. I can no longer be in denial, I'm on a mission. I'm going to have to clean at least until I complete this family's twisted version of an Easter Egg Hunt. Pray for us all!



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Leanne 2. MommaK 3. Colleen at Loose Leaf 4. Dawn 5. Terrilynn 6. Tommi 7. Jennifer 8. UziCue 9. Sleeping Mommy 10. Party Pascha 11. **Kristy** 12. Sallwood 13. Shelli 14. Sally 15. Better Safe Than Sorry 16. Lisa 17. Lori 18. Aimee 19. Simply Sassy 20. Colleen at Musings From the Edge 21. Crazy Momma 22. The Toothfairy 23. Interstellar Lass 24. squashedtoad 25. Running2Ks 26. Renee 27. Jak 28. MommyD 29. Mrs. Fun 30. Carolyne 31. Texas_Ivy10 32. Mary 33. Sheri & SuZan 34. Jenny 35. Audra 36. Bone 37. Veronika 38. Just Cara 39. "D" 40. Dana 41. Emily 42. The Rock Bitch 43. Blondie 44. Keb 45. Katy 46. Megan


(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Comments:
Chicken juice and egg jazz always freaks me into a lysol obsession. Please walk away from the desk and no one will get hurt.

Happy Thursday:)

PS- I have a lunchable waiting for you!
 
A lot of egg-citing comments there!

Be sure to see my Enterprise party Invite on my Journal to find our how you can join in!
 
That Mount Vernon method sounds fun.

And I miss Colorado. We are still stuck in the midwest COLLLLLLLD.

Here's mine:
http://running2ks.blogsome.com/2005/11/17/a-thankful-thursday-thirteen/
 
Hey Jen. I learned watching a rerun of "Millionaire" last night that the runny clear part of a raw egg is called Glair. Who knew?

Have a great weekend, and by all means let the dog in the house. He'll find it.(Mine found a pizza crust under the couch today)Don't ask me how it got there, but I figure it was last night when I served pizza and we watched "Who wants to be a Millionaire" in mourning because BH wasn't home.

Enjoy the snow. We got some here,too!
 
Ok, now you've got me and two of my daughters laughing maniacally! They love it when a blog makes me uncontrollably cackle.

I did a Thursday Thirteen today but I'm not sure if I did it right. It is a moral imperative to blog on Thursday though.

Ta!
Lori
 
OMG...you sound just like me!!! I am the queen of clutter and disorganization. LOL.
 
Good luck on your cleaning! Eggs missing is never a good thing. Stinky! Enjoy your snow while it lasts and I will enjoy our 80 degree weather! I hate snow! That is why I will never, ever move back to Michigan! Here is my 13... http://multiplemania.blogspot.com/2005/11/thursday-thirteen_17.html
 
I love the word "stuffalanche." It perfectly describes my kids' rooms.
 
LOL....I had to laugh at your egg adventure. When my son was 4, he decided he was going to hatch an egg in his room, it broke and he cleaned it up with cloths that he quickly hid under his bed. Oh I remember the smell!

We Played!
 
Oh my Jen! That's too funny. If you don't locate the egg by tomorrow, call me and I'll bring over my dog. She loves them and I'm sure she'll be able to find it quickly...she likes to think that she is a drug sniffing dog when each of us comes home!
 
Sounds like we should start a club here -- Disorganizers Annonymous. You sound very much like me:)!

I probably didn't do my Thursday 13 right this week, but thats OK, because its my blog, and my list,and ... well, you get my drift. In some areas of my life, I DO have to be organized. My blogging and things within seem to be one of those things. Anyway -- from my list, each week, I will do a TT from it. Doing it at random last week was hard, so before the day was out last week, I had made this list and post dated it for this Thursday. My 13's will eventually get down to letting you know more about me.
 
Snowless in Denver??? Wow, somehow I always thought you guys would be buried. Hm. Learn something new...

And Superfund living room? AHAHAHAHA. Too funny. Thanks for the new adjective to desribe my bedroom.

Here are my thirteen
http://jennyjsjournal.blogspot.com/2005/11/thirteen-on-thursday_16.html
 
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTbits.html

Enjoy the "knitty titties"!
 
Before anyone starts to worry, we did eventually find the egg. That was a weird 20 minutes or so.

And, I got all the egg spoo cleaned off of the desk. I like eggs, but I could really do without them in the "snot" phase. Ew.
 
Wow you have a great list! I'm late! I swear to God...I dreamt last night that my mom and sisters came to visit and I lived in the big old house that was FILTHY..and I kept making excuses but was thinking to myself "Oh no, I've been blogging too much. How did I ever let this happen?"

I have the same disease in real life.
 
Jen, your blog rocks! I'm so glad you found me, via the Thursday 13. I added you to my links for the 13 as well. I'll be back to spend some more time at your place soon.

Hope you find that egg soon!
 
A Thanksgiving egg hunt...how novel! Good luck & may you find the egg before its smell finds you.

BTW I remember The Changeling. Creepy. I loved it.
 
Hey, you have a daughter named sage. Cool! I'm a guy and use "Sage" as a pen name--mostly because I long for sagebrush country. Enjoyed reading your list.
 
LOL on the egg! ;) Our baby pulled an entire dozen (still in the box) out of the fridge last week and they cracked all over the floor. What a mess!

The scariest movie for me is The Sixth Sense. My husband loves Jaws and makes me watch it all. the. time.

Thanks for stopping by my thirteen!
 
Whew! I'm glad you found that egg! I'm going to use the word "stuffalanche" in my vocab. I like it. Thank you for helping me with my linking problem; I think I got it now. I didn't realize you grew up in Northern Indiana. I'm in the NW.
Happy Thursday!
 
Okay, that egg bit made me laugh my head off. It sounds just like something that would happen to me.

I did manage to get my 13 up on time, but couldn't do any visiting until today. Thanks for stopping by!
 
I’m so glad you found me – I’m really happy I started the Thursday Thirteen! Thanks for your link too and I’ll be sure to add you to my list for next week.

I also have a clutternightmare home....LOL at the eggs (also love your children's names) Looking forward to getting to know you better - especially on Thursdays
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?