New Jen's Horde


Saturday, December 17, 2005

Apparently I'm *it*...

 
I was tagged in the last few days by both Allison and Captain Picard with very similar memes, so I figured I'd roll them into one. Whenever things hit at the same time like this I get that eerie feeling and start hearing the Twilight Zone music in the back of my mind and I worry that if I don't take care of business that creepy little boy is going to wish me away into the corn...

To read it all, click the .*.*.

From Allison:
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was sitting day after day in the NICU, wondering when I'd be able to take my daughter Anya home. At this point we knew it would still be a while. So, I'd get up, pump (you know what I mean, right?), shower, grab a bite, run into the hospital and sit by her bedside until 7pm, stopping only to eat a quick lunch, use the bathroom, and pump a few more times. They kicked us out at 7 so they could do a shift change, some nights I'd go home then, many nights I'd pump and then hang out until 8 and come back in and sit with her some more. I'm so grateful that she was my first child and I could do nothing but sit with her.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Getting the family ready to drive 800 miles to visit my mom for Christmas. I hate to travel, and 16 hours in the car is just nasty, so I was pretty nervous by about now.

Five snacks you enjoy:
Popcorn
Cheese Fries
Popcorn
Chocolate
Popcorn

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
If I like a song, I end up knowing all the lyrics, so there are TONS of songs out there.

Off topic-Isn't it weird when a song comes on the radio and you could swear you've never heard it before, but you know all the words? Obviously, at some point, you heard it WAY TOO MUCH, but never paid any attention. Is that just me?

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Pay off all our debt.
2. Try to figure out how to invest the rest so we don't squander it on Wal-Mart and ordering pizza or something. Just being honest.
3. After we figured out what do to do avoid squandering it away, I'd figure out the next two steps.

Five things you like doing:
1. Hanging out with my family
2. Blogging
3. Knitting
4. Reading
5. Singing along with the radio

Five things you would never wear buy or get new again:
1. What? I'm not sure I even get this question.
I'm just going to pretend like I answered it. (Did I tell you I have a headache? I do. I'm not crabby, just a leeeetttle bit slow.)

Five favorite toys:
1. Well, my computer and the internet, of course.
2. All of my craft supplies
3. Not tellin'
4. My comb binder (sorry, I'm a nerd, I can't help it.)
5. My CD label maker, it's coming in very handy this Christmas

This one was pretty similar from both Allison and the Captain:
Five bad habits: or “five weird habits of yourself,”
My first response is to say that nothing I do is bad or weird, everything has a perfectly rational and proper reason behind it. Then I figured I should ask someone else because I'm probably not being very objective here, so I'm going to ask Davin, my husband.
I'm back, this is what he said:
1. "There's the scissors thing." Ah yes, I don't keep track of scissors, it just takes too much mental energy and time. I prefer to just keep so many pairs of scissors in the house that no matter where you are, there's a pair near by. I'm the same way with lip balms and tape...
2. He says I get cranky when I'm cold, but he's quick to add that that's not a bad habit.

Apparently I'm so gritchy he's afraid to say anything else. Or, I'm completely perfect. We'll never know.

I'm supposed to tag 5 people, but this has already made the rounds so I don't know that there's anyone left to tag. If you want to do this, feel free. Let me know and I'll stop by and say howdy!


Comments:
LOL, is it wrong that I am cracking up at how funny you are when you are "cranky" ? I'm the same way about lip balm and tape. scissors, on the other hand, tend to get lost around here by others besides myself ;)
 
Off topic - yes I hear songs that I know all the words to that I'd swear I've never heard before! How funny!

I got tagged with this one already, I have yet to do it. :P
 
I like popcorn & chocolate too, but I would have had chocolate on there three times and popcorn on there once. Chocolate trumps popcorn in my book.

I love thinking about the millionaire question. Oh, how grrreat that would be!
 
Funny, I was reading this and so totally heard YOUR voice in my head when I was reading the part about asking Davin if you have bad habits.
We both know to not as MY dh that question...HAR Har Har!

I am so happy for the multi packs of scissors! I have 3 pair in the kitchen (one by the phone in the junk drawer and two by the stove...one of those is actually kitchen schears) Then I have at least 4 pair in the office unless Darly walked off with a pair or two. And get this... I just put a pair of kids scissors in my purse and I'm leaving them there!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?