New Jen's Horde


Monday, December 12, 2005

Sage's Secret Weapon!

 
Our girls played their first piano recital this weekend. It was at the Barnes & Noble bookstore, and all of the students played holiday songs. They did pretty well, and weren't even all that nervous. Sage had a little extra help, though.

Recital-Sage

Yes, under her arm is "Meowie," Sage's lovey since she was an infant. To get Meowie's full effect, I am including a full length photo of her. The "necklace" is a hair bow, and it covers up a decidedly Frankenstein-ish neck repair. She required surgery after one harrowing trip through the delicate cycle, when she returned to us nearly headless (much like Sir Nicholas) and devoid of stuffing. I picked what I could out of the machine, made more from cotton balls, and resecured her cranium the best I could.

Meowie

Yes, this is the All-Powerful Meowie, Healer of Ouchies, Comforter of Hurt Feelings, and Magnifier of Courage!

Comments:
I love the first pic...so cute!!!

Btw, I too have a cat like that from my childhood!
 
Meowie gave Sage the strength to perform. She is her magic weapon and will help her vanquish all her enemies forever and conquer all her fears!
 
Wonderful pictures, Jen. The Meowie is the key to beoing a great pianist.
 
Oh that is so cool that your daughter still holds a stuffed animal so dear after all this time. I also like the first picture.
 
I had a kitty too! Boo Boo. Oh, I miss Boo Boo.
 
Aww! How cute. My brother had a stuffed cat that was actually called "Scuzzy". He only had stuffing left in his head, and a button for an eye. My mom still has it!
 
I want a secret weapon!! How do I get a Meowie?!?!

Thanks for visiting for my first 13 last week. I wanted to get hear sooner....
 
What a sweet story. Meowie is quite the wonderful friend to give Sage the strength & ability to entertain those people.

I will think of this Meowie story as I worry about my still missing cat *sniff*
 
Hail the cat, all hail!
 
That Meowie is powerful!
Your daughter looks adorable!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?