New Jen's Horde


Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Please hand me your license and registration, and PEE ON THIS STICK, Ma'am.

 
Judge: Fetuses Don't Count in HOV Lanes

Candace Dickinson was fined $367 for improper use of a carpool lane, but contended the fetus inside her womb allowed her to use the lane. Municipal Judge Dennis Freeman rejected Dickinson's argument Tuesday, applying a "common sense" definition in which an individual is someone who occupies a "separate and distinct" space in a vehicle.
Obviously this not what HOV lane rules are trying to accomplish, and as the officer has already pointed out, how exactly are they going to determine in the field who actually is pregnant?

Just pay the $367 and use the proper lane in the future, please.

Comments:
Crazy lady!!! The nerve of some people! But of course, she does have pregnancy brain right now, so who can blame her.
 
LOL! Some people are so stupid they shouldn't be allowed on the roads.
And I thought that I was "pushing it" in the HOV lane driving with just me & Darly in the car. I never got caught, but if I had I would have just said it doesn't say how old the second passinger needs to be. Now they've taken that HOV lane out.
 
Trinity, yes pregnant brain may be the problem.

Renee, I always feel weird driving in the HOV lane with my kids. I mean, it's not like we're carpooling and they would be in another car if I didn't pick them up!

Jabafatboy, no, I don't think that counts, either. Although I guess they didn't specify that the passenger needs to be human or have a pulse...
 
Talk about parsing the law. That depends on what the meaning of 'passenger' is...
 
I don't know, I think it counts if you're hauling the precious children around. If they're external. Yeah, maybe not.

I posted the Thursday Thirteen a day early. I can only imagine how horrid my tomorrow will be so I'm taking no chances. See how dedicated I am. :-)

BTW, you can make your very own barfing bomb sign (or something else) at this link: http://www.warninglabelgenerator.com/ Don't say I never brung ya nothin'.
 
Oh I know where this debate may end up in the hands of some politicians.

But...yeah, like you said!
 
I don't think pregnancy brain can be blamed for sheer and utter cheek lol.
 
That is so funny. She should try a blow up doll in the future. LOL
 
Yah...this story made me truly embarased and angry to be an Arizonan. It's about Environmentalisnm not one woman's Pro-Life agenda.
 
She was stupid - but - it was worth a try! There are lots of solicitors(lawyers) out there that can outthink and bamboozle some very stupid magistrates(judges)out there. HenrykM
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?