New Jen's Horde


Saturday, January 07, 2006

So ladylike!

 
As we all know, the job of trying to raise polite and civilized members of the human race brings all of your natural intelligence, strategy, and common sense into play, and is still sometimes tricky.

For instance, a few years ago while wading on the banks of a mountain lake, we tried to encourage the girls to maintain a sense of gentility and decorum, and keep from from going in too far, by reminding them, "Don't get your dresses wet."

This isn't exactly what we meant...
Don't get your dresses wet!2

Go check over at A Mama's Rant, she's running a contest to find funny kid pictures. You have until Monday night to enter, so hurry!

Comments:
cute pix!
 
Modesty is so hard to teach!
 
My girls were and still are super modest. They won't wear dresses unless they could wear shorts underneath. This wouldn't have been a problem at my house ;-)
 
Jen, it should be ok now. I had to add you to my protected posting list. You have to be signed into Xanga to see my old posts, as they're in the protected mode. I usually put them there after I do a new entry.
 
VERY cute! Looks like they hiked those dresses up really high and managed to keep them dry just like you asked. They certainly were not a bit concerned about their underwear showing.
 
LOL that is exactly what my Miss Four would do.
 
HA! How cute!!!
 
I love them...They are like pioneer women. CUTIE PIES!
 
LMAO...you know, they WERE listening to you, even if it is to the um, letter.

Little stinkers. LOL.
 
Way too funny...just experienced a LOL moment. At least you didn't say anything about keeping the undies dry!!!
 
I've dutifully posted mine.
 
They're not getting their dresses wet are they?
 
heh - that is funny!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?