New Jen's Horde


Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Little things make me happy

 
Have you seen these yet? Have you tried them? If you haven't, go get some now! You'll want to have them on hand when you start your next cold.

showersoother


They're like those bath fizzies, only you put them on the bottom of the shower, and while you stand in there trying to steam your lung snot away, they're adding eucalyptus, menthol and camphor to the air. It's like giving your lungs "the hot Vicks injection," oh yeah.

I don't know if any of these products, like this and Vicks, actually make a difference in how congested you are, or if they just make you feel better because you can finally smell SOMETHING and that SOMETHING smells medicinal so it feels like it's helping. Either way, we have a nasty chest cold rolling through the house, and these shower soothers are making us all feel better, and that goes a long way.

Comments:
I bought some for a sick friend who said they work wonders and now that I am sick, I have none for myself. Dammit!!!!
 
Thanks, Jen. I'm going to buy some right now so I'll have some on hand. When you have kids, it's only a matter of time before the cold germs beat out your immune system.
 
We keep vaporub & those inhalent sticks around here... they feel good to. Another thing I like are the Ziacam nasal swabs. They put zinc up your nose and it seems to shorten the cold...at least for me who uses them. DD & DH are another issue. ;)
 
I've heard these work well. I need to remember to get some! Thanks for the info! Get better soon!
 
Who invents these things?
 
Wow! I haven't seen those.
 
I haven't seen these, but they look cool. I hope you're all well soon!
 
I must get some of those. I used to put drops of Eucalyptus oil in the shower for the same effect.
What a great product!
 
Yes, I made a torte yesterday and I didn't get a chance to eat any before I had to leave for a quilt group meeting (there goes my halo!). This cold makes it hard to taste and enjoy anything. I made up for it by finishing off the mocha frosting leftover from yesterday. :-)
 
Wow! That sounds great. Need to look for some. We always get things late in Hawaii, so I'm hoping I can find some. It would be great for my granddaughter when she gets a cold.

Did My 13>early.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?