New Jen's Horde


Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Thank Your Fairy Blogmother Week 2006

 
Momma K has created a new holiday, just for Fairy Blogmothers! Here's her description of the special day:

You didn’t know that you had a Fairy Blog Mother ? Why, of course you do. You may have more than one. You may even have a male Fairy Blog Mother. Your Fairy Blog Mothers are those people who first inspired you to begin a blog of your own.
I didn't even know what blogs were when I started reading Pop Culture Junk Mail, Gael's fab blog about all the things someone my age (or at least close to my age) finds interesting in the world. I don't know how I stumbled upon her blog, but I've been reading it pretty faithfully for years now.

Then I found Dave Barry's blog while looking for one of his columns online. He's always been a favorite of mine, I love his humor and his blog doesn't disappoint.

I don't think my blog is really like either of these, but it was these two together that caused me to get excited about the idea of blogging and start putting in time on my own. Thanks Gael and Dave, not that you know who I am! I really enjoy blogging, and I'm glad you two persevered and made your blogs so fun that I couldn't help but join in.

Also, I have to thank Sheri. I didn't start talking blog with her until my blog was almost a year old, but she helped me get over my fear of HTML, and inspired me to try different things with my template. So, while she's not technically a Fairy Blogmother, I wanted her to know that I appreciate her!

Who are your Fairy Blogmothers? Momma K's keeping a list on her site, and I'll link to you here if you let me know you're posting :-)

Renee's Fairy Godmother Story <---It's me!

Here's Trinity13's Fairy Godfather's actual blog.

Comments:
Great post Jen:) I'm so glad you were inspired to blog so we could meet and you could make me laugh like you do each time I visit. Thanks for playing along with me today!!
xo
 
You're so sweet, Momma K!
 
I found out about blogs from a techy TV show (Tech TV, aptly named lol) which piqued my curiosity.

When I went to investigate, the first blog I ran into was Dooce. I was both shocked and appalled at some of the stuff she was writing about, but also very, very curious.

I've been addicted, er, obsessed, er hooked, oh heck, I've been participating ever since. *grin*
 
You are my fairyblog mother! (it's all your fault! hee hee!)

Of course I was a blog just waiting to happen and then you told me where to go. Now look what you've created!
 
here's my fairy blog mother
fefyfomanna: Thank Your Fairy Blogmother Week 2006
 
My Fairy Godfather. He still helps me with my template!
 
I never thought about this before, but I don't have a Fairy Blog Mother or Father. I'm an orphan. I started my blog because my husband scoffed that I wouldn't do it. My blog started because of a dare.
 
My daughter is my blogmother. She started me on this blog thing, and I'm so glad she did! I've enjoyed it so much.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?