New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Chronological Oddity Tonight!

 
Call it a coincidental sign of our digital times or a reason to stay up late and stare at the clock. Either way, early Wednesday morning the time and date will be 01-02-03-04-05-06.
Cool.

I remember in my college Latin class (alea jacta est) that I would get excited when it would be 12:34:56 on my digital watch. Not that it wasn't an interesting class, it was actually pretty great. Unlike any of the other languages I ever studied, you never had to learn how to order in a restaurant, or ask directions to the library in Latin. It was all blood and gore and Hercules! And, after studying a vocabulary that has 30 ways to form the word "that," most any other language seemed easy.

But, back to the topic at hand. If you're up tonight at 01-02-03-04-05-06, raise a glass. Or, heck, go shoot guns in the air like my neighbors do on New Years (we live in a classy neighborhood). New Years happens every year, and this is pretty rare. You may want to really pull out the stops and drive drunk around the neighborhood honking your horn and crashing into other cars like the folks around here do when the Broncos win the Superbowl...

Whatever you do, don't hit my house. I plan to be sleeping.

Comments:
So glad that Clarence is doing well. That was a close one!

I won't be awake when the big time comes, but I do think it is very cool. My hubby suffers from insomnia, so I will tell him about it, so he can quietly celebrate should he still be awake.
 
I'm happy to hear that your step-father is doing okay. We are so lucky to live in today's medical technology!

On to other news--look at you getting us all worked up with the time/date thing and then you'll be asleep! hehe :)
 
I think that I'll be asleep when that happens too.
But on the 12:34 thing... DH used to make a big deal out of it when we were dating & newly wed... he would stop everything when he noticed it and kiss me. Before I met DH I never even noticed the time really.
He doesn't stop for 12:34 anymore though.

Glad that Clarence is doing well.
 
I set the alarm just in case I dozed off. Turns out I didn't need it; I was wide awake. It was over in a second & it was no big deal.

If I live the 100 years until the next one, I will sleep through it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?