New Jen's Horde


Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Plummet

 
Parachutist releases video of near-death fall

A New Zealand parachutist who survived a fall of 15,000 feet after his chute failed to open has released amazing footage of his near-death plummet filmed by a camera attached to his helmet...

At 4,000 feet Holmes discovered his main parachute would not open. The reserve also did not work properly...

In the final seconds of his fall, Holmes waves goodbye and yells "bye," before the chilling image of his shadow growing larger beneath him fills the screen. The screen then goes black.
Just posting something heart-stopping for Valentine's Day. Hope you're all enjoying the holiday!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Yikes! I saw that. And stories like that are the exact reason I will never (voluntarily) jump out of an airplane.

Happy Valentines!
 
Yikes... That's a Fred Sanford moment...

*clutching chest* Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you!
 
Last night on the Discovery Channel they had this show "Survive This" on and I think this very story was on there. There was another parachute story as well. But this guy, his main chute didn't open propperly so he released it and then opened the reserve...but the main chute had caught up in the reserve and it kept causing the reserve to loose it's air.
The second story it was a woman's first solo jump and her chute didn't open propperly, so she was doing a spiral. She lived too and she was two weeks pregnant at the time, the baby lived as well.

And I don't know why I continued to watch the program because they had a crash landing in a plane on there and those scare me to death. I was sitting there shaking like a leaf...even though I knew they all survived. But after seeing the recreation of the worst crash ever I just freak out terribly over plane crashes.
 
I can't believe he survived.

Happy Valentine's Day!
 
I saw that; how amazing.

Happy Valentine's Day!
 
The article says he landed on a thorn bush.
As if falling that distance wasn't enough, the poor guy landed in thorns! Double ouch!!

I hope you had a very Happy Heart Day!!
I won't have a new post up until the weekend. I've been too busy the past few days, and I'm using whatever spare time I have to visit blog buddies.
 
What is important in this story and what the media types completely missed is why the gent survived. It wasn't the bit about landing on a thorn bush. If you look closely at the video, you will notice that our hero is wearing a light fall suit.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?