New Jen's Horde


Thursday, April 05, 2007

Oh how fun! (Clap, Clap, Clap!!!)

 
Can you tell I'm excited?

gorey

Gorey tale coming to screen for first time

Gorey, who died in 2000 at age 75, was an artist and writer known for his macabre bent, with works that had an ominous and somewhat Victorian air. His influence can be seen in the works of Tim Burton and in music videos like Nine Inch Nails' "The Perfect Drug," and while none of his works has ever reached the silver screen, the opening titles of the PBS series "Mystery!" done in animation style are based on his art. He also was a successful set and costume designer, earning a Tony for his Broadway production of "Edward Gorey's Dracula."
This website has a pretty good selection of his images, if you're not familiar with him.

Labels: ,


Comments:
enjoy. :D
 
Thanks. I know his work mostly through the PBS Mystery series, but I usually love horror & the macabre.

Just twisted, I guess.
 
I just read the article...I hope it's not like Dobby, the annoying house elf from the Harry Potter films. I wanted to throttle Dobby.
 
Good post, Jen.
 
Cool! Thanks for the tipoff.
 
Oooh, I'm so glad you told me. This sounds fantastic!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?