New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Better bring me a bucket!

 
Student tries to make roadkill pretty

For the past several weeks, drivers near Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville have been noticing odd things about some of the roadkill on the sides of the area's highways.

Some of the dead possums and raccoons have been dressed in pet or human baby clothes and have had their claws painted with nail polish. The carcass of a deer has been adorned with gold paint.
She says she's doing it to make people give more thought to animals, by giving them human attributes. Personally, I don't like to pay any more attention to road kill than I have to. I think I'm getting squeamish as I age, because this whole idea is actually making me a little queasy.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Some people are weird, to say the least.
 
I agree with Jean-luc! In TX we would commonly see dead armadillos on their backs with beer bottles propped up in their mouths. I guess someone decided to be cute and clean out his truck a bit at the same time.
 
These people just don't have a life!
 
Just when you think you've heard it all, a story like this comes along.

Has this person given any thought to the indignity the roadkilled animal feels wearing some Minnie Pearl outfit?

Sheesh.
 
Oh, I was so excited to tell you about the armadillos and then I saw that Renee had already done so!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?