New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I don't doubt it!

 
I feel stupid for days after a migraine, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out some of the damage is permanent.

Migraines linked with brain damage

People with migraines also may be suffering from some brain damage as brain cells swell and become starved of oxygen -- a finding that may help explain why migraine sufferers have a higher risk of stroke, researchers reported on Sunday...Similar brain damage can occur with concussions and after strokes, the researchers said in this week's issue of the journal Nature Neuroscience.
They recommend medication to prevent migraine attacks, I've got that covered. Also, they say that high pressure oxygen given during a migraine may help combat brain damage. Crap! We have even less oxygen in our air than just about anyone! I'm hosed, aren't I? You can tell me, I can take it. Do I seem stupid?

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Totally!



NOT! You seem just fine. But that canned air that ReneeE was talking about might be a good idea. I've only had about 3 Migranes so far, but I'm thinking the canned air might be a good idea...just in case it helps.

Ya know they had one of those oxygen bars in Vegas...I should have tried it out. LOL
 
You seem fine to me too. OK, you're a little geeky but that doesn't imply brain damage ;-)

You might want to consider moving to sea level.
 
What's your elevation? We're right around 6,000 feet. I can't wait to go to Seattle this summer and out distance everyone. HA!

And no, you don't seem stupid, in the least.
 
Migraines would certainly knock us about.
 
Don't seem stupid to me, but then, I get as many migraines as you do, so I am possibly, not that great of a judge! LOL
 
From the way you write, I'll say that your brain is pretty tack sharp. But I hear what you're saying: my wife suffers from migraines, and they can be unbelievably debilitating.

I wish for a cure in our lifetime: it's an insidious affliction whose impact on society we're only now beginning to appreciate. I wish you only good health so that you can continue to wow us with your blog.
 
Got...to start...getting more... sleep. I can't afford to lose any more brain function!

Now that I think about it, I never got any migraines before I moved to this altitude.
 
Thanks, everyone!

Oh, and we're in the Denver metro area, so we're almost exactly a mile high :-)
 
Scone has a point there...I never got migranes (all 3 of them) before I moved here. Maybe I need more air?

I can just see it now, I'll get one of those air tanks and be annoying with that little click that they make when they shove air into me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?