New Jen's Horde


Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tagged By Amy the Black! 8 Things about Jen.

 
Woohoo to Amy the Black who tagged me!

All right, here are the rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

These are mine:

1. We have a friend living with us right now. She's going through a rough divorce and needed a place to stay. She's way cool. She cooks and cleans and takes my kids places. I may have to marry her myself when this whole thing is over!

2. I am the oldest of four kids, my sister is just over a year younger than me, and my brothers are 6 and 15 years younger than me. None of them lives anywhere nearby.

3. My sister has 3 kids, and neither of my brothers has started reproducing yet. My BIL and SIL have also not started procreating, but they're getting pretty stable with work and stuff so it may happen soon. I hope everyone has a ton of kids. I want my kids to be swimming in cousins!

4. When I was a kid, I used to be afraid of letting any part of my body hang over the edges of the bed. I don't know why, but I had this picture in my head of a huge rectangular razor slicer hung by chains over my bed. I thought that it dropped every night, and I just had to make sure I was all bundled up on the top of the mattress when it did, or it would cut stuff off. I was pretty sure it wasn't really there, but not sure enough to let my foot dangle...

5. We've started getting a little more regimented with our homeschooling. We used to be pretty relaxed, and it worked great for a long time! But, life sort of degenerated into video games and TV 24/7, and I wasn't comfortable with that. One of the new resources we've been using is the Learning Through History magazine. It's been really neat, and I'm glad that a local homeschool mom turned us on to this.

6. I didn't start dating until I was 18 (not for lack of trying, I was just too nerdy...) There were 2 guys that I was sort of serious about, then I started going out with Davin on my 19th birthday. We've been together ever since!

7. When I was in college, I was studying psychology. If you've been reading here a while you know that I was very close to a degree when I left school. When I go back, it's unlikely I was finish that degree unless I get some sort of cool credit deal. I think I'd rather study nursing or something like that.

8. I like to knit and crochet and bead and do needlepoint, but what I really wish I could do is draw or paint. You know, more "art" kind of stuff. And I REALLY wish I could play an instrument. I'd love to be able to play piano.

I'm not going to tag anyone. I haven't been blogging faithfully enough lately to ask other folks to do stuff. But, if you want to do this, feel free! Please let me know, I'd love to read your 8 Things :-D

Comments:
Thanks for playing. So basically, you only dated a year before you decided on a mate. Is that long enough? ;-)
 
Thank you for not tagging ;-)
 
I'll teach you piano, Jen, if you'll teach me how to be a multi-talented homeschool mom! I even still have the piano book I used when I was, what, 5 or 6. Come on up! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?