New Jen's Horde


Thursday, April 23, 2009

So thin!

 
ODD-US-PAGEANT

Miss Universe Australia in "skinny" controversy

Australia's Miss Universe contest was thrown into controversy on Thursday with doctors and dieticians complaining a leading finalist was "skin and bones" and dangerously malnourished.

Sydney model Stephanie Naumoska, 19, was one of 32 contestants from more than 7,000 hopefuls to make the glittering final at an event promoting "healthy, proportioned, bodies."
I am wondering how they didn't notice this when they were culling her out of the over 7,000 hopefuls?

One of the doctors interviewed believes that they should impose a BMI cutoff of 20 on their contestants (hers is 15.1, the cutoff for malnutrition is 18). I wish they would do this for modeling, too.

I'm donating platelets later this week, while I'm there I'll see if I can donate some adipose tissue for the needy as well. I'll let you know how it goes...

Labels:


Comments:
who in their right mind found that attractive?

I saw that Miss England was told to put on weight for the Miss World pageant cuz she's a size 4. Yay! It's about time that one of those pageants wanted real women shapes instead of sick figures.
 
that is way too thin, i don't know why they would even let her into the contest, there is nothing healthy about that look at all.
 
OK, I know I'm fat and that doesn't look good, but at least my hips have padding. Having your hips stick out like that is gross, she looks like a walking skeleton with flesh on. We do't need to see your pelvis!
 
yeah, not attractive. I have a tiny tiny teenager at my house but she does not have hip bones sticking out like that. If we are choosing what is most attractive I think some softness, good proportions and overall healthiness.

ANne
 
You probably read the news about the group of models whose plane crashed in the Andes. They were all so thin that even after resorting to cannabilism they starved to death. This resulted in a law, proposed by Kennedy and Clinton (Ted and Hillary)that says that even when models charter a plane the passenger list has to include 25% normal size people to avoid another such tragedy in the future.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?