New Jen's Horde


Thursday, April 21, 2005

Overalls killed my dryer!

 
I would not have thought that clothes intended for a three year old boy could do so much more damage than the actual boy is normally capable of himself! Especially this boy!

Tuesday, while my family was enjoying dinner at Burger King (picking up our Cadoo Games), my dryer was dying a slow, painful yet blessedly fire-free death.

Before we go any further, I want to assure you all that I do know we are never ever ever supposed to leave the house while the dryer is running. It was an emergency. I was down my last bra and we were doomed to suffer an imminent containment breach if I didn't get some laundry done FAST!

Somehow, freakishly, while we were gone, the two clasps from the shoulders of the overalls attached themselves to the insides of the dryer. One caught on the lint trap, and the other on one of the wings that carries the laundry around and around. So, the garment quickly became tangled, and trapped everything else with it. When we came home, all of the clothes were in one very tight, smelly knot in the middle of the dryer, and now the dryer sounds like when you stand too close to the speaker at a hard core punk show (if memory serves.)

Since we have 6 family members, and laundry was being created before my eyes, I ran out to Target and bought these nifty over-the-door laundry drying racks. These will hopefully save our bacon until Tuesday which is the earliest we can hope for the repair to be completed. Altogether they cost less than the 3 estimated trips to the laundromat I figured we'd need, and I don't have to carry our laundry all over town. Don't they look fabulous? (Don't worry, you can really stare at them if you want to, all of our "unmentionables" are drying on the elliptical trainer, which isn't in the picture...)


Posted by Hello

Comments:
I'll have to blog about my Dad's horrible toaster fire. It was in the middle of the night, and was caused just by the toaster being plugged in.

I've definitely learned my lesson about the dryer!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?