New Jen's Horde


Sunday, May 01, 2005

Whew!

 
I was able to finish both Anya and Tiernan's scarves in the last couple of days. They both went well, and I have a lot more confidence in my knitting now. However, I'm not sure I have a lot of confidence in the yarn producers of our fine nation...

This is Anya's scarf. I don't think I dropped any stitches or anything! It was done in Bernat Boa "Tweety Bird" and the only thing that bugged me was that somehow I ended up getting vertical stripes in parts of it. I know from crocheting that this just happens sometimes with variegated yarn, but it's still annoying.

 Posted by Hello


This is Tiernan's scarf. He loves it! I'm glad, because I love him, but man, it's an ugly, ugly scarf! I let him pick from all of the yarns at the store, and this is what his 3 year old heart desired most.

Posted by Hello


I took a close up picture of it, so that you could truly behold the travesty that is this yarn. They call it "Brilliant Blue." I would have named it something along the lines of, "Muppets Washed Together In Hot In The Heavy Duty Cycle, NOW With Extra Grover !"I am certain this is why they continue to refuse my offers to help down at the yarn factory.

 Posted by Hello


So that's it then! All of my kids have a little scarf made my me! Whew!

Comments:
You crack me up! :)
I'm so glad they all have their new scarves--and they look pretty happy too!
 
I thought of you yesterday - I saw scarves just like these on sale at Walgreens for 9.99 - so make them up and sell them off :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?