New Jen's Horde


Sunday, August 07, 2005

On Top of the World!

 
OK, not really. And we drove most of the way, but DARN IT we hiked the last bit up to the 14,258 ft. summit of Mt. Evans! Except for Tiernan, who got carried, cheater.

ME-Lindner-Greens on top of world

You'll note that my fat butt is NOT one of the ones that had to lay down after the hike:
ME-Maya and Tiernan tired from the climb
I will accept High Fives from "big girls" everywhere on this one...

One of the coolest things about this trip was the amazing clouds rolling in. We actually drove through them, we were that high up! Check them out!
ME-More clouds

This was my family's offering for our homeschool group's co-op, you may recognize the topic from our fact-finding trip last month. We planned a picnic at Echo Lake and then a drive to the summit. Early that day our plans were nearly foiled by reports that the road was closed above Summit Lake by a mudslide, but they cleared it away in time. In all, 7 families attended with 18 children, and it was a great day!

Comments:
We had an awesome time Jen. Thanks for setting this up.

What is Sage looking at?
 
Aliens landing or something, I don't know.

Good job telling it was Sage, though! Woohoo!
 
Great pics, Jen--I just found you through blog advance. Great minds think alike, eh?
 
I just signed up there today. It seems OK, but I can't figure out some of the stuff.

I keep seeing your banners. I want a banner!
 
Actually it wasn't that hard to tell it was Sage...as I was with them all day and knew who was wearing what (my memory is killer good!)

Also I remembered the trick that Maya wears more "girly girl" clothes. So she's in pink.

Now I only get confused when they decide to wear matching outfits.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?