New Jen's Horde


Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Stupid Brownies!

 
Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was having a marathon migraine. I finally took all of the medicines I have in my house that can be taken together (including triptans, narcotics and Nyquil) and went to bed. I didn't bother with the tinfoil and Saran Wrap this time.

Today I'm doing a lot of my baking for tomorrow, because I'm doing the Turkey Day 5K Walk in the morning. If you have time stop by and say hi! I'll be near the rear of the pack.

So far I've made a huge batch of "Coconut Brownie Bites," which are essentially these little made-from-scratch brownies with a Mounds candy bar on top (the recipe called for Almond Joy, but I already feel like too much of a nut for that...) Sounds great, doesn't it? Yeah, I thought so, too.

Something started smoking in the oven, and set of the smoke detector, which caused the kids to panic. At least they didn't run outside, that would have been a real disaster considering how many of them aren't fully dressed yet. (Like I said, it's a nutty day here.) The brownies themselves have turned out about as disappointing as a pan of brownies can. They're all flat and hard and tiny. The candy bars, to their credit, seem to have emerged unscathed. I don't get it. I can cook entire Thanksgiving feasts with no trouble, but this stupid pan of brownies is ruined. I refuse to accept responsibility.

I spoke to them firmly for a while, but they don't even seem ashamed of themselves! I'm going to take them anyway, maybe they'll straighten themselves up overnight.

Comments:
Darn brownies! If that happened to me, we'd still eat them!
 
I have bad brownie karma myself.
 
DH made brownies like that once...he had forgotten to put in the eggs.
I hope that the rest of your baking went well and the T-day trot was fun too...it was a great day for it! We saw a hot air baloon on the side of c-470 on the way to MIL's house.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?