New Jen's Horde


Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thursday Thirteen #7

 

Thirteen Things about Jen


1. Here it is, December already, and I'm nowhere near being ready for Christmas. Duh!

2. These are the moments that make me question my genius status. It's true! I AM a genius, I've been tested on a few different scales, even. I don't think that means anything though. To paraphrase Forrest's mom, "Genius is as genius does," and I don't think I "do" genius properly.

3. For instance, I don't think a true genius would bounce checks nearly as often as I do.

4. I also don't think a genius would lose things all the time; cell phones, car keys, entire bags of groceries...you get the point.

5. Not to mention the fact that I hit myself with my own car once. Knocked myself right out of my shoes! I'll tell you the story sometime.

6. This is why I generally pay no attention to this sort of test results. I don't know what they were measuring, but in my case it seems to have no relation to getting along in the world.

7. When they come up with a test that measures CSQ (Common Sense Quotient), then I will sit up and take notice when people score above average, and I'll try to hire them to take care of my sorry self. Until then, I'll spend my days doing things like wondering, "*DID* I put on deodorant?" and getting lost on the way to places I've driven a million times before.

8. I'm almost done knitting my clapotis. I've decided I don't really like the color I've used though, so I've already found a home for it and I'm trying to imagine what I want to use instead for the one I'll keep. It's a fun pattern, and I recommend it if you knit and you're looking for something a little challenging but not too hard.

9. Maya and Sage (who will be 8 this month) are practicing their piano lesson right now. One is upstairs on the keyboard we bought second hand, and the other is in the room with me on the piano our neighbors gave us when they moved.

10. Anya (10) also takes piano. Tiernan (4) will probably start next year or the year after. We want them to learn the basics of music theory when they're young so they can play any instrument they want later. Our piano teacher is great, and she makes it interesting for them. When they get bored, she pulls out fun things to do to break it up, and keep them excited.

11. When they really rebel, I tell them that if they don't practice and learn, they will have to be the roadies when we all go on tour. ;-)

12. This month, they're all playing Christmas songs. Word to the wise, when the piano teacher offers your child her pick of Christmas songs to learn to play, don't suggest "The Twelve Days of Christmas," even if it is her favorite. All 12 verses 5 times a day for a month is a bit much. It does make you appreciate the "Five Golden Rings" part though, just because it breaks the rest of it up a bit...

13. Happy December, everyone!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Leanne 2. Momma K 3. Colleen at Musings 4. Raehan 5. Better Safe Than Sorry 6. Judy 7. Enigma 8. Texas_Ivy10 9. Sage 10. Lisa 11. M.E. 12. Lily Bleu 13. Renee 14. SquashedToad 15. Terrilynn 16. Sallwood 17. Running2Ks 18. Sally 19. Craig 20. Twisted Cinderella 21. Rashbre 22. Veronika 23. D 24. Holly 25. Dawn & the Farm 26. Jenny 27. Barbara

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Happy Thursday 13! You sound a lot like me. I lose items and do all kinds of weird stuff to myself all the time (thought I've never hit myself with my car. I defintely want to hear THAT story! LOL)

Have a great day!
 
Maybe you're a jenius?
 
Ooh, good one, Cube!
 
We got a piano second hand last year - it needs tuning and a bit of work, but I would love for our girls to take lessons. Even I would like to learn how to play it.

Can't wait to hear the story about you and the car. LOL
 
Jeez you crack me up! I must be a genius too. I'm so glad I'm in good company! ;)
 
Happy 13 Thursday!

Here's my 13
 
Hi Jen! I don't lose stuff but the Other People Who Live Here do all.the.time.

Here's my 13.
 
Hey Jen, Happy Friday Jr. in December. Look at all the wonderful piano happenings going on in your house WOO HOO!

Here's my 13: www.myown2feet30.blogspot.com
 
Thank God for the "five golden rings" part!

You're a genius in certain areas, and maybe you're a dolt in other key areas. That would account for some of those things you mentioned.
 
man, that is SO me; the losing things, forgetting things, being oblivious to things. lol. i'm just a big picture person... who needs details?? anyway, thanks for stopping by!
 
Wow, you are a genius. How cool is that?!? Are you in Mensa?

And I'm taking it low-key for the holidays myself, so that is the only reason I feel "almost" done :)

Here's mine:
http://running2ks.blogsome.com/2005/12/01/13-memories-about-the-holiday-season/
 
Happy December to you too. Great List. Thanks for stopping by my site. Take care of yourself...
 
I really like the name Sage!
 
I like it now that we can play all of the Christmas songs again. An interesting TT list.

Mine is at rashbre's TT
 
I'm always nagging at my kids to put their things away where they belong so that they will have them when they need them, but it's usually ME who ends up losing things such as my keys!
Can't wait to hear about the car story.
 
eek. I call myself the absent minded professor. Only half true. I'll let you guess which half, after all...you're the genius :)

Here's the link for my thirteen:

http://jennyjsjournal.blogspot.com/2005/12/thirteen-on-thursday.html
 
Trying to Catch Up: Thursday Thirteen - Places I've Lived

I'm bad at materials management too. I lose things all the time.
 
Great THirteen!! Albert Einstein was a genius... you just need a secretary or like I always say.. I need a wife!

Here's my 13
 
We got a piano at a garage sale last summer for the same exact reason, just to make sure our two kids get a foundation in music. Great list!

Here is my link... I finally remembered to do the 13 at 4 pm this afternoon.

http://plsa.blogspot.com/2005/12/thursday-thirteen-3.html
 
Oh man you're hilarious. Hitting yourself with your own car. Can't wait to hear more.

BTW You've been tagged. Mmmwhaaahahahahahaha
 
Remember: Einstein couldn't use a toaster. His IQ was through the roof!
 
That explains why we get along so well..hee hee ;o) It also explains your wonderful gift of being so diplomatic. I don't have that, but I do remember where I put things...if I was the one to put them there. However, lately I've been praying to find a lot of stuff.
 
Here's my TT You should post an audio of the kids playing that song :)
 
I have only tested once on an official (not on-line) IQ test. I tested on the low end of genius whatever that means. I guess I am above average but average enough to still forget to bring everything home from Grandma Greats everytime we go there.

I love the Five Golden Rings too funny.
 
It's Friday... but I'm still laughing at your 13... and entire bag of groceries? Done it. Deoderant? Keep it at work just to be safe. Knock myself over with my own car? Nope...but as my husband would say,"it's probably in the cards!"...Thanks for the chuckle!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?