New Jen's Horde


Thursday, December 14, 2006

Lorrie

 
Lorrie, a homeschooling mom I know from the Five in a Row boards, passed away in November from breast cancer. We all prayed for her, and kept track of her ups and downs as she dealt with her illness and prepared her family.

She kept a blog that chronicled her family's homeschool adventures, and then told of her struggles and worries as well.

Now her husband is posting on her blog, and it's so bittersweet to read his posts. He talks about how his wife rounded out his personality, and tells her about how the kids are adjusting to school, and how life has changed. I hope that if I ever lose someone this close to me, I will be able to roll with the punches, and see my new life as clearly as he does.

You can read her (now his) blog here: Grisoni Ranch Learning Academy

Labels: ,


Comments:
It's so sad to hear stories like this. I hope her family finds the strength to go on with their lives.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?